Sunday 18 April 2010

All work & no play ...

I'm so tired. The past two days have been so stressful. I have been drowned with uni work, when really I should be out enjoying the beautiful sunshine. I suppose this is to be expected considering my first year is nearly over. I honestly can't believe how quickly it has gone.
Sitting writing my essay, sun glaring through the window I began to dispise Paul Poiret. Deep down I knew it had to be done, but instead I would have preferred to be tanning myself outside.
I didn't realise just how influential he still is, a century on to the designers of today. It totally fascinates me! Scouring the internet, Marc Jacobs was a name that was continually mentioned. His whole 2007 s/s collection was heavily influenced by Poiret.
(photo sourced from New Look website)
Love Harem Pants? Thank Paul Poiret! Oh and of course New Look for this lush pair as seen above! The next time you're in your favourite shop just think most of the clothes have probably been influenced from trends and fashions years ago!

The fashion world will never fail to amaze me.

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment